We all have those moments where we feel weak. We may be facing a challenge we don’t know how to overcome or suffer through a difficult time. During these moments, it’s important to pray for strength. Here are eight prayers for strength that can help you find the courage you need to keep going.
- Heavenly Father, we come to You today asking for strength. We feel weak and weary, and we need Your help. Please give us the strength we need to get through this day. We know that without You, we can do nothing. But with You, all things are possible. Thank You for being our strength when we are weak. In Jesus’ name, amen.
- Heavenly Father, we come before you today humbly asking for strength. We live in a world full of challenges and trials, and sometimes it feels like we can’t make it through another day. But we know that with your help, all things are possible. So we ask that you give us the strength to face whatever comes our way. Please help us to be brave in the face of adversity and never give up hope. And most of all, help us to remember that we are never alone; you are always with us, no matter what. Amen.
- Heavenly Father, we come to You today humbly asking for Your strength. We know that without You, we can do nothing. But with You, all things are possible. We are so grateful for Your love and mercy. We know that no matter what we face in this life, You will never leave us or forsake us. Thank You for being our Rock and our Refuge. Please give us the strength we need to overcome our challenges. Fill us with Your peace and joy so we may radiate Your love to those around us. In Jesus’s name, Amen.
- Almighty and ever-living God, source of all strength and power, giver of every good gift: Pour out your Holy Spirit upon us who live and believe in you, that we may be strengthened in our inner being and made one body in Christ, that he may dwell in us and we in him. Amen.
- Almighty Lord, merciful Father, everlasting King, who are worthy of all praise, glory, and honor; Be with us in our days of trouble, that we may not be overwhelmed by the cares of this world. Grant us the strength to overcome all adversity with courage and hope. Amen.
- Most gracious Father, we humbly beseech thee to hear our prayers; Strengthen us in body and soul that we may withstand the trials of this life; Grant us thy peace at all times and in all places; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
- Blessed Jesus, who art the author and finisher of our faith: Strengthen us with thy power that we may overcome every obstacle and persevere to the end; Help us to run with endurance the race set before us; And, as thou hast promised, grant that we may receive the crown of eternal life; through thy mercy, O Lord our God. Amen.
- Heavenly Father—we remember today those who have gone before us marked with the sign of faith: their lives a light in the darkness; their hope an anchor sure against hope’s warning billows; their prayer intercession for God’s mercy upon the Church militant here on earth fighting the good fight until Christ comes again—grant them rest eternal; refresh them with perfect joy; give them light immortal to see thee face to face; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
O Holy Spirit—strengthen me for this day’s duties and challenges with thy sevenfold gifts—wisdom’s keen insight, understanding’s profound grasp, counsel’s ready advice, fortitude’s brave endurance, knowledge’s true discernment, piety’s reverent fear of God, and awe-filled wonder at God’s majesty—that I might better know what is right and justly due myself and others; what is truly good and holy; what is acceptable unto God my Savior for body and soul’s health; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.