There are few moments in life that are more of a milestone than having a child. Particularly a first child. It is a great time for gifts and celebration. If there is a new mom in your life, you are likely wondering what the perfect gift could be. Following are a few ideas to help you succeed in your quest.
- Personalized Keepsake Box: As a baby grows, there are usually a few items that somehow become iconic and strongly associated with the child. Like a blanket, toy, or even a t-shirt. A personalized keepsake box is a great place to keep these items. Along with photos, and whatever other moments you would like to share with your child when they are grown. Several personalized baby items can be found at CMC Gold, or through an Internet search.
- Hand and Footprint Kit: These kits are a wonderful way to both mark the special occasion, and to create an artefact that will increase in personal value as years go by. Most of the kits involve plaster and a mould. You need to follow the instructions carefully. Quite often there is a frame in the kit and letters to press in the child’s name, birthday, or whatever you choose to say.
- Headphones: Trust me, there are times when a new mother will look at headphones with longing. It is important for new parents to be able to be separated from the sights and sounds of childcare, if even for a fifteen-minute break, assuming someone else is babysitting for a while. Headphones with a hot bath, candles, and her favourite tunes should do wonders.
- Bath Bombs: If the headphones weren’t a big enough hint, the bath bomb should make taking a break irresistible. Bath Bombs, especially aromatherapy bombs, can help create little transcendent moments, that will refresh and recharge mom for another round of feeding and nappy changes.
- Personalised Photo Frame: Personalised gifts are always a hit, and what mom doesn’t love to show off her pride and joy. A pre-printed photo frame will give her the perfect excuse to display one more picture of the little star.
- Food: Who doesn’t like to have free food, especially prepared food that you choose yourself. There have never been so many ways to have prepared food delivered to someone’s house. You can set up a prepaid account at one of the food delivery services, or you can order food yourself and have it sent over. An occasional special meal will be greatly appreciated. If you are a capable cook, delivering homemade meals will also be met with much love.
- Baby Thermometer in a Dummy: Babies get fevers and taking their temperature can be a pain. But someone has figured out that if the thermometer were in a dummy, the job would be so much easier, they even have memory features so you can track changes.
Hopefully, some of these ideas will help you get started. If you still can’t decide, you should know that there are several products that babies require that need to be purchased over and over. Diapers, creams, shampoo, washcloths, clothes, and wet naps. These items are guaranteed to be useful and will be equally appreciated.