UPPCL JE (Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Ltd Junior Engineer) exam is for students who want to start their careers in Junior Engineering at a trainee level. It is a computer-based exam.
- Students have 3 hours to attempt the exam.
- The exam contains four sections – General Knowledge, Diploma Engineering Branch Civil, Reasoning, and Hindi.
- There are 200 objective multiple-choice questions for a total of 200 marks.
- The UPPCL JE selection process is a document verification and written test.
What are the eligibility criteria?
- Nationality: Only the citizens of India can give this exam.
- Age Limit: A candidate should be between 18 and 40 years of age to be eligible for UPPCL JE. Candidates above 40 years of age will only receive an age relaxation if they belong to the reserved category.
- Educational Qualifications: There are two UPPCL JE exams. One is for Electrical, and the other is for Civil. The eligibility criteria for each are listed below.
- Students need to have completed the 3-year Diploma in Electrical Engineering, provided by the committee of Pravidhik Shiksha Parishad of Uttar Pradesh.
- The score of AICTE conducted by the All India Diploma Examination department for the students
- Candidates should have expert knowledge of JE Electrical. They should be fluent in Hindi with a command of the Devanagari script.
- Students need to have completed the 3-year Diploma in Civil Engineering, provided by the committee of Pravidhik Shiksha Parishad of Uttar Pradesh.
- If the diploma is through Distance Mode, the candidate is not eligible.
- Candidates should have expert knowledge about JE civil.
- Candidates should be fluent in Hindi with a command of the Devanagari script.
There is no limit on the number of attempts in the UPPCL JE. Candidates can apply for UPPCL JE as many times as they want to, so long as they satisfy the eligibility criteria.
What is the exam pattern of UPPCL JE?
The UPPCL JE exam pattern contains 200 questions and the time limit is three hours. Around 20 questions test General Knowledge, 20 questions test Reasoning skills, and 10 questions test the knowledge of Hindi.
1. Mark Distribution:
|Subjects||Total number of questions||Total marks allotted|
|Reasoning and mental ability||20||20|
2. Marking Scheme:
The total marks allotted to any candidate are 200.
- Every correct answer is for one mark.
- 25 marks are deducted for every wrong answer.
- Candidates should get 30% marks to be eligible for the selection process.
Important Topics for UPPCL JE
The following list contains the most important topics of study divided according to the subject areas. Questions may be asked from other topics from these subjects, but these are the main topics that will help you study:
1. Electrical engineering
- Electromagnetic Fields
- Signals and System
- Power Systems
- Electrical Circuits
- Electrical Engineering
- Power Electronic
- Electrical Machines
- Electrical Measurements
- Analog and Digital Electronics
- Control Systems
2. Civil Engineering
- Theory of structures
- Irrigation Engineering
- Building Materials
- Transportation Engineering
- Soil Mechanics
- Concrete Technology
You can also refer to ‘BYJU’S Exam Prep’ to know the detailed syllabus for the exam.
UPPCL JE is for students who want to start their careers in junior engineering. It is a computer-based exam. Many candidates apply for the exam every year. Those who have successfully applied for the UPPCL JE exam can download the admit card from the official website of the exam. If candidates are not satisfied with the eligibility, they can back out from the exam from any point of stage desired. The selection process for the exam is document verification and written test. With the help of ‘BYJU’S Exam Prep,’ you can gather all other details of the UPPCL JE exam.
Stay connected with our education blog in India.