If you live in a small space home, we understand how challenging it is for you to decorate it in a way that doesn’t make it look further cramped up. The desire to fit in all your favorite bedroom furniture especially can be very overpowering. Here are some smart tips from experts that can help you maximize the space and style of your sleep sanctuary in the right way.
- Make use of vertical space: We all like that extra storage space in our room, and try to fit in a big wardrobe in a room with small square feet. Experts suggest that getting an inbuilt closet with sliding doors is a great way to leverage the vertical space of the room. You can also add a couple of floating shelves that can easily replace your bedside table and make more space to accommodate other things.
- Stay minimalistic: While luxurious designs of a bedroom often demand the incorporation of a personal sitting area and sometimes an exclusive dressing area, don’t forget that the basic functionality of the bedroom is to help you relax and rejuvenate. You don’t need to clutter your room to make it look beautiful, just adding an antique chest of drawers can do the trick to elevate the look of your space. Keep the lines and spaces clean, and organized.
- Paint your walls light: Yes you read that right if you are planning to renovate your home, then your first project should be to change the wall colors of your bedroom. Stay away from tones of red, orange, or black, they absorb light and make your room look darker. Stick to light hues of blue, white, butter yellow, or even pastel pink.
- Add more mirrors: Mirrors are a tried and tested way to add an illusion of space in the room. You can add a body-length mirror on the wall opposite your room entrance and add a couple of smaller frames in the room.
- Add foldable chairs: We all like to cozy up on a comfy chair in our bedroom while we sip on our favorite cup of coffee or read a book. If your bedroom space can’t accommodate this kind of luxury, experts ask you to not get disappointed. You can simply add a couple of foldable chairs and a small poufy to rest your feet, and still enjoy your little space of your own in the room.
- Proper lighting in the bedroom: Light plays a vital role in making or breaking the look of your entire room. A poorly lit room can create an impression of congested space, and on the contrary, a well-lit room adds an element of extra space. Instead of floor lamps, opt for hanging lights or ceiling lights that occupy less space, and yet make your room look uber cool. You can also invest and place some gooseneck lamps that can be adjusted to create a focus area on the desired place of the room.
Following the above tricks, and making a few clever adjustments is all you need to make your room look well decorated and spacious at the same time.